Lower Costs with Flex Metal Cloud
Our mission is to bring your per unit costs (like by VM, or GB storage, or IOPS, or gbit bandwidth) to below what you currently pay, all in, for your underlying infrastructure. We accounted for everything that goes into “cost” including both hard costs in purchases, soft costs in time, and splitting headaches when things don’t go right!
- Select, design, test, and negotiate for servers, routers, core switches, ToRs, etc.
- Available spare hardware and service controls to mitigate failures such as SSDs reaching wear limits.
- Select and negotiate Colocation, Data Center buildout, bandwidth, peering, and cross-connects, times 3 for redundancy and out of band connections.
- Ramp up to target usage of Data Center space and power
- Setup, test, and bring firmware up to date.
Based on current data from OpenStack based public cloud providers, with the scale we have in our Ashburn/Washington DC data centers, we can lower costs significantly for almost all providers. This is particularly true for small and medium sized providers.
This is in addition to providing the key benefits listed above. This is currently for the Ashburn location, but as we scale out in other locations, we also expect to realize additional scale savings that will be passed directly to you.